Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spring Ribbon Card

I love to sew and have been stamping more than sewing lately, so I thought I'd combine the two. Lots of stampers add sewing to their cards and it's such a sweet look and very easy to do. You'll just have to save the needle to a piece of tape marked 'just for paper' when you get ready to sew again. I'm sure the paper will dull the needle pretty fast. Since I'm new at sewing on paper, I'm sure it'll make a difference what size needle you use, I'll experiment later on to see what I come up with.
Let me know what you think about my little "spring ribbon card" and thanks so much for looking!

Spring Ribbon Card

STAMPS: Dee Gruenig’s Watercolor Valentine POSH#-82
PAPER: White, patterned paper, dark purple (Georgia Pacific, Die Cuts With A View)
INK: Baby Pink #116, Ruby Red #114, Lime Green #127, Posh Green #129, 120 Lavender, 110 Caramel, 112 Bright Orange, (Dee’s Signature Series Brush Markers-Marvy), black pen
ACCESSORIES: Assorted ribbons, ( American Crafts, JoAnns Fabrics, Wal-Mart), Pop-dots, glue runner, ruler, watercolor brush (Dick Blick), sewing machine, thread, scissors, die cut tag made with Sizzix Die Cutter

Fold 10x7 card stock to 5x7 / Cut dark purple card stock to 6-1/2 x 4-1/2 / Cut patterned paper to 4x6
Cut desired amount of assorted ribbons into 2-1/2 to 3 inch lengths (I used 11)
Using a zig-zag stitch, place the ribbon pieces under the pressure foot in a V shape along the left side of 6” length of patterned card stock, with tails of ribbon going to the left
Layer the patterned paper to the dark purple with the glue runner (just to hold in place), and stitch around the remaining 3 sides
Glue this stitched layer to the folded card / color with the Lime Green marker, around all four sides for a layered look / use the ruler to lift up the stitched ribbons and hold them out of the way while using marker on left side
Color and cut the 3 Flowers in pots image (cut close to the shape of the image) / use pop-dots and place the image in lower right corner of card front
Color edges of die cut tag with lavender marker / write the word “Hi” with Baby Pink / make little black stitched lines with pen around edges of die cut tag / cut a 4 inch length of narrow ribbon, put through hole / attach tag to card with pop-dots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, this is donna4stamps from Club Posh,

Just read the newsletter from Warren this morning and found your blog.

Thought I'd take a minute to say hello because I'm also in the "stamping/sewing" combination lately.

Finally learning how to sew, and one of the things I've wanted to use the sewing on was cards, so this particular message was a lot of fun to read.

Donna