Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Conversation Blocks

I made these cute blocks a couple of months ago. I used Stampin'Up Newsprint DSP and the Broadsheet alphabet stamps. Love-love-love them so much. The wooden blocks were made by my Uncle David many years ago. I painted the blocks black and then cut the squares using my paper cutter. I used a varnish on each side after I finished adding all my stamped letters.
I started out with 14 blocks and had to figure out the words I wanted to spell out and any other holiday sayings I wanted to spell also. Then I stamped multiple letters and added the letters to different sides. That part took forever I must say.
It was an interesting project. I felt like I was creating a puzzle of sorts to try and come up with a lot of words. It's cute and I am able to spell Stampin'Up! and bzstampr to name a few.

I hope you like my block project. I think about my uncle, and the many talents he shared before he passed away, every time I look at them.

Well... it looks like we have a storm popping up. I better get off the 'ol computer and maybe read. Whoops... I hear thunder. geeze... better git!

Thanks again for taking the time to visit with me today.

Take care,
Debbie

3 comments:

Jo said...

Good to see you are blogging again. I love the blocks. They are really neat and such a good memory for you.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! Would you be willing to share what letters go on each block and what phrases they spell? I would love to make a set too! Thanks! Torrie :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the letter blocks - such a cute idea!