Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Flowers for Me


My sweet hubby sent flowers to me for Valentine's Day. We also bought a new dishwasher after ours died. It was installed on the day of snow (Feb. 12) and was such a messy day. A pretty day...but messy. Hey the dishwasher is great. It's so quiet we had to go in the kitchen and listen to be sure it was running. Yep! It's that quiet.
Oh... and my hubby also bought me a harmonica. Yeah... I've always wanted to learn how to play one. After just a few days of practicing I could play 'Oh Suzanna'. How funny! I tried to learn from You Tube but there were so many different instructions I just bought a book. It has been the most helpful. My husband couldn't believe I could play something in just a few days. The bad thing is that if I practice in the house my cat will come up and bite me on the arm letting me know I sound like an ally cat or something. He bit me twice the first time I played around him. He doesn't like it at all. He runs after he bites me. It's true and I've tried it more than once. He is my coach letting me know I'm not ready to go public yet. So... I just go to my craft house and play to my heart (lips) content. You can get out of breath doing this ya know. I am following the book and must practice everyday.

The first snow picture is the view from my front porch. It had not been snowing for long and it piled up quickly. I thought it was beautiful but we don't get snow very often. You can see it didn't stick to the streets.

The second photo is the view from a window in my craft house right where the Pfaff sewing machine is sitting. What a beautiful sight. Yeah...the snow looked beautiful too!
Hope you enjoyed my treats today. I have been stamping cards but not made any pictures of them.
I have a new toy I may share in the next day or so... if you are interested.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a supah dupah day tomorrow!

Debbie

3 comments:

Enfys said...

Hi Debbie, your snow photos are gorgeous, although I think we are all looking forward to sunshine now! You asked about Loralie fabric, it is available from quite a few sellers on ebay, that's where I get mine from. You can also go to the loralie site, I think it's
www.loralie.com and they tell you where the nearest stockist is. Hope this helps,
hugs
Enfys

handmade_cass said...

Debbie,

Thanks for checking out my first review on Craft Critique and I see a lot of similarities between us too! I'm jealous of your snow pictures - we don't get too much winter weather in San Diego. I look forward to following you and your crafts on your blog.

The Redhead Riter said...

I love snow. I'm so sad that the summer is upon us.