Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Anniversary Card

I made this quick card for my hubby for our anniversary that's tomorrow. He'll be out of town so I gave it to him today (Sunday.) He walked into the craft house while I was putting it in an envelope so I told him it was "hot off the press." I went ahead and gave it to him and he proceeded to sit down at the computer and make a card for me. He did use card stock and Hallmark software that he loves to use for his cards. (He does like to save a buck here and there.) Any hoooo... I don't care where the card comes from as long as we are together. We went to grab a bite for lunch and we did a little reflecting on how blessed our years together have been (13 married, 16 together.) We took turns naming the blessing and wonderful times we have had together as a family. He said he wouldn't want to be anywhere else. um... except for maybe the golf course I'm thinking :-)
I think my picture may be on the fuzzy side, but I did color on the stamp (Stampin'UP!) and then stamped it on watercolor paper (SU!). Then I did a little blending with an aqua painter. I used Ranger Distress Inks (Sunday Intl.) around all edges of paper. The tag is from an old Basic Grey scrapbook pack that had been lost in the crafting jungle for ages and I was so happy when I found it yesterday along with a bunch of other stuff I had been missing. Whoo-hoo... it was just like going shopping without spending the money. (Maybe I should start hiding things from myself and find it later...NAH!) The card base is actually a natural kraft stock but it doesn't look it in the picture. Hope you like it.

Have a great evening and thanks so much for stopping by!

Debbie

No comments: