Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Day 10 of Tim's 12 tags of Christmas

WOW! This one was a doozie! I just love it though. I was able to use a lot of my Copic markers on this tag. It also has heavy duty aluminum foil on it. I didn't have the things that Tim used, so as usual, I had to improvise. How cool is that?
I had to stamp each letter on some of Tim's grungeboard that I found at Hobby Lobby. I used my 40% off coupon and picked up a package of plain grungeboard sheets. It's a very thick flexible chipboard type material. It's sort of like a rubbery chipboard material. I had to cut each letter out with an X-acto knife. It took me about 45 minutes to stamp and cut each one out. Tim used die-cut grungeboard letters, but I improvised. I know he doesn't like to use a craft knife but I enjoy using one. I glued the letters to the tag, then glued the aluminum foil on top of all the letters on the tag. I had to gently smooth out the foil around each letter using a round end of a wooden stick thingie I have. (I have no idea what it's originally used for.) Then I colored each section with a Copic marker. I used a black one to trace around each letter for an antiqued look. I just stamped a snowflake and cut it with my knife. I glitterfied the snowflake but it's wet right now, so it probably doesn't show up well.
I think the tag turned out pretty cute. What do you think?

Well... I'm super tired and ready to call it a night. I sure do appreciate you stopping by my blog to see what I'm up too.

Have a great night and Happy Friday tomorrow!

Debbie

No comments: