Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Day 5 tag of Tim's 12 tags of Christmas

Now this tag was a little more of a challenge than the others. It took me a while to figure out how I was going to create the ornaments.

I used clear acrylic and punched out the shape I needed on the first three ornaments (from left to right) then the one on the right is actually a rubber stamped image. I stamped my images on white cardstock then used Crystal Laquer to glue down the acrylic piece on top of the stamped piece. Then I stamped the top of the ornaments and cut them out and glued in place.

I couldn't find any of my wire to use to 'hang' the ornaments so I used embroidery floss. I think it looks okay. I discovered I don't own any green embossing powders (how did that happen?) except for the teal green I used for the pine boughs I stamped and embossed. No problem... I'm fairly happy with it. Everything else just fell in place after I finished the ornaments.

I cut the word 'greetings' out with my Cricut Expression. Now that is one gizmo that I've really enjoyed since receiving it last Christmas. There's just no end to what you can do with it.

Let me know what you think of my tags. I'm just excited that I've made it this far.

It's been fun and I've lost track of time as I've spent my day in my little Craft House. If I had put a bathroom in here when we built it... I'd never have to go in the 'big' house. (Well... I would have to go get snacks.)

I do hope you are enjoying following along with me on the 12 tags of Christmas project. Visit Tim's Web site here. The more comments he receives, the more prizes he will give away. I'm trying my best to win something.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Let me know if you like my tags.

take care,

Debbie

No comments: