This is a cute little birthday card I made for a Design Team project for Sunday International. I just went kinda crazy with the grid background stamp from the ATC Stamps Set 2.
This may not be on the Sunday International website yet so here are the instructions.
JOY BIRTHDAY CARD details
STAMPS: Dee Gruenig’s ATC Stamps Set 2 (SI)
PAPER: Die cut ATC envelope (SI), Whisper White card stock (Stampin’UP!) purple and orange card stock (my stash)
INK: Dee Gruenig Signature Series Marvy markers and Marvy Blending Blox, assorted colors (SI)
ACCESSORIES: Pink Offray ribbon, Cricut Expression die cutting machine, pop-dots, glue runner, Exact-O knife, scissors, ruler, corner rounder, paper piercing tool, ruby colored glitter glue, mini-brads (Stampin’UP!), yellow mini-flower brads (my stash)
1. Using Sunrise Blending Blox, rub stamp pad directly onto die-cut envelope to create a striped pattern
2. Using Marvy markers and ruler, draw lines on envelope to create a plaid pattern in shades of pinks, purple and dark blue, assemble envelope
3. Cut ATC card to 3.5x2.5, round each corner, stamp kimono, flowers, sentiment, gridline and symbol images, color in the details on kimono, punch holes in top two corners of ATC
4. Cut 8” length of narrow pink ribbon, punch holes 1” from ends using paper piercing tool, attach ribbon into the top two holes on ATC with mini-flower brads, set aside for now
5. Stamp JOY on small piece of white cardstock, (to fit front of envelope), use purple marker to color edge of cardstock, attach green mini brads to top and bottom corners on right side, cut scallop border on Cricut Expression using pale orange cardstock, , trim off two scallops so it will fit white cardstock piece, use paper piercer to punch holes around the scalloped edge for stitched effect, layer the scallop border piece onto left edge of white cardstock piece
6. Cut purple scalloped round shape, attach to lower right edge of envelope
7. Stamp fan image and fold accordion style to create fan, put glitter glue on dots of fan handle, attach to purple die cut with pop-dots
8. Stamp grid image at an angle on folded card front, stamp flower border around four edges of card front
9. Attach the finished envelope, at an angle to front of card with pop-dots , insert the finished ATC into the envelope exposing the yellow flower brads
10. Stamp sentiment inside of card, stamp dragonfly image randomly from bottom to top inside of card, create stamped border to frame sentiment
If you have any questions let me know.... as always thanks so much for visiting!
You may not be able to tell it in the photos, but the darker pink plaid you see if the little ATC envelope folded up to be a pocket. The second photo is the ATC removed from the pocket, to show detail.