Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dream Craft House update Day 19-21

(First picture) is a combination of day 19-21. The three days involved getting the plumbing finished on my sink, putting the metal roof on the porch, adding the gutters and finally the under-pinning of the white plastic lattice work. I can't begin to tell you how happy and excited I am to finally be moving in. It's like Santa just arrived and gave me a dream Christmas!

(I added flowers to the milk can yesterday.)

(Second picture) This long table is what Scarlett and I used to work on in the old craft room. I had the short end and half of the long end. She sat to my left as we worked (played) side by side. It now sits to the left just as you walk in the door of the new craft house. We'll move the computer there just as soon as the cable company comes and moves the line tomorrow. Today I made a skirt to hang under the desk that covers the front edges. (To hide more crafting goodies.)I've got to make one more for the end near the door. I'm using tension rods that hang between the 2x4 legs to hold the skirts. I had the same system in the old craft room, but now I have a new color of fabric. I'll show pictures when it's all done. :-)


Third picture is of a metal cabinet my mother gave me about 10 years ago. She used it for maybe 25-30 years in the insurance business she owned. It was an ugly dark green and I painted it up way back then. It has a ton of scratches on it and we broke something on it when we moved it into the new craft house. I don't think it did too much damage though. (My mother wasn't too wild about me painting it since it was an antique.) It is a constant source of joy every time I look at it or get a stamp out of it. It holds two layers of stamps in each of the drawers. Today I cleaned out one drawer to hold extra ink pads. I'm going to have to move some more stamps to make room for newer stamps. I wanted the cabinet close to me so I could have easy access to the stamps. (Scarlett did too!) My Stampin'UP! stamp pads are on the top right of the cabinet with my Sizzix Die Cutter and dies on the left and center. (Not that you care what I have on the top.) ;-)

Scarlett's bulletin board looks black in the picture, but it's black with pink dots. I hung mine up today on the other side. It's black with little red cherries on it. (Mary Englebreit fabric.) I love her fun and whimsical designs so much!

Last but not least... fourth picture... is just as you walk in the door. I'm so loving my work table that's in the center of the room. Oh my goodness.. to be able to cut fabric without bending over a little counter top is just wonderful! I've glued a tape measure on one long side and it's just perfect. (Only gave $30 for the table and $30 for each desk at the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store.) I thought that was a good price and I wanted to buy used items as much as possible. I love to re-purpose as much as I can. Scarlett and I painted the top of the work table white to give it a clean look.

Yesterday and today I managed to install (myself) a television on the wall, mini-blinds on each window, made skirts for the work table (I hung curtain rods just underneath the top of the table running from leg to leg to hold skirts) and the long L-shaped computer table. Made skirts for my desk and Scarlett's. Her fabric matches her bulletin board. (My fabric is another Mary Englebreit print.) I've emptied all boxes and put away nearly everything. I'll show pictures when I'm done with everything. I've got to make the curtains next and I wanted something wonky... but am too tired to be creative about it.

Oh... talk about being spoiled. Good friends of ours gave me an old small (three cubic feet) Kenmore refrigerator to use in the craft house. It's so cute! It's a brown tone that goes along with the dark wooden desks. It has a little freezer and 3 shelves. Just a little cleaning with bleach and it's humming away. It even has a little produce drawer. (I guess that's what it is... I don't really know. It's just a drawer.) Good friends are the best collectibles... don't you agree?

Scarlett managed to get a lot of card making done Friday and Saturday. She is having a great time working at her own desk. She just loves it so much! We're making new memories to cherish for a lifetime! Oh... and I put up the shelves up next to me and and next to Scarlett, and I put up my bulletin board today also. (But I think I said that already.) When I say I'm tired.... whew.... I'm tired! My body is crying out in pain. My typing is probably all scrambled up. I hope I make a little bit of sense though. (Okay... phew... now I'm back after my computer froze up. It's in need of a trip to the computer doctor for a tune-up.)
Okay... now that I've said way more than you probably wanted to know... I just want to say thank you for hanging in there with me on this wonderful journey of my dream come true. I still have to pinch myself to believe that it's true. I'll share more pictures as soon as I get finished with my sewing. (New rubber stamps have been calling my name for a week now. They're just sitting there waiting on me to get finished with the sewing projects.)

Thanks so much for visiting and reading this far. I hope you've enjoyed the journey with me.

Please come back and stay a spell!

Have a great week!

Debbie

3 comments:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Wow Debbie! How lovely your villa is!! :o) I really dig the porch! Looks like you found a spot for everything - I can just imagine that part was so much fun! You and your grand daughter will have hours and hours of creative fun here. You husband will have to come pry you out. :o)

XXOO
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Rebecca said...

Everything is so gorgeous! You and your grand-daughter are going to have a fabulous time together.

Rita said...

Debbie, what a wonderful little craft house, I know you will enjoy it so much. I know you have waited for it for a long time. I'm so happy for you. How ever, I do miss you and and Scarlett coming over after work for a swim! Love you Rita