Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Fabulous Friend

This card just goes to show that a stamp doesn't have to be new to be beautiful! This flower looks like an orchid to me, but I'm flower stupid and my grandmother was a florist for 30 years! (Go figure!)
The flower image was an unmounted stamp that I bought at a stamp convention many years ago. It was on a table marked "pound of rubber" and that's exactly how you paid for it... by the pound. No wonder my back was hurting before I left the convention... I couldn't hold all the stamps I had purchased. Much less... you had to buy the blocks of wood to mount them on. I still have a few of those wood blocks left to this day. I was so excited I bought the stamps, then the blocks then walked the show. Was I ever hurting (but sooo happy) by the time I left for the day.

I colored everything with my new Copic markers that I'm still learning how to use. They're pretty cool I must say! The designer scrapbook paper, the sentiment and the scalloped oval punch are Stampin'UP! I used a green die-cut I made on my Cricut Expressions to layer the flower on. So easy... just set it to the size you want and let it go. I attached the die cut, flower and sentiment with pop-dots. The beautiful green ribbon was a gift with one of my orders from www.ellenhutson.com. Ellen has wonderful customer service and has been helpful and responsive when I've had questions.

Okay... that's it for a Monday. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Take care and thanks for visiting!

Debbie

No comments: