Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dream Craft House update Day 11


This is Saturday morning, but the pix are from yesterday which was day 11 on the craft house.

It may be hard to tell in the photos but the siding is up on all sides. The electrical wires are installed. The inside photos show the back of the building. My corner will be to the left and Scarlett's will be to the right. Our backs will be to the back wall with two larges desks to work from. Mine is about 5'x6' on top and hers is 5.5'x6'. Geeze... that's huge ... but exactly what we needed. Quadruple more workspace than we had before. How fun is that!
I'm going to put shelves on the walls to our sides and there will be an antique metal literature cabinet under the window between us holding the bulk of my stamps. I can't wait to show you the pix of everything when it's done. I ran out of room a long time ago to store stamps and it's still a challenge today. I'll be having some shelves built that will go on the right side wall just as you walk in. Then there will be a sink about in the center of the right side wall.

It was so hot while I tried to make the photos my camera lens kept fogging up. Hopefully you can see what's going on.
We had an exciting morning on Thursday morning... around 2 a.m. the sheriff's deputies rang our door bell to tell us someone had set our trash can (the large rolling kind the city provides) on fire. It was a mess! One of our neighbors saw a car sitting in the street for about 30 minutes and then they threw something in the trash can and it blazed up. Talk about nerve wracking... I nearly had a heart attack. I just knew something had happened to someone in our family. Thank goodness it was just a trash can. I'll take that any day of the week. My husband asked the deputy why would someone do that and he said we were not the only victims that night, there were others. geeze.... now the melted trash can is stuck to the driveway and pavement and won't come up with a shovel. We're hoping there's a solution to getting that heap of plastic off the ground. I just thought I'd share this snippet of my life with you today.
Now that I've babbled too long I just want to say thanks for visiting. I hope you are enjoying this journey with my dream come true.
Have a great weekend, I'm off to Georgia to see my mother.
take care,
Debbie

No comments: